Karratha receives $22,500 in federal funding for the AICD Governance Training Course
October 12, 2017
Federal Member for Durack Melissa Price has today announced that $22,500 in federal funding has been released for the Karratha Business Centre to deliver AICD Governance Training Courses in Karratha.
“It is vitally important we have the executive officers and directors of the non-for-profit sector across the updated legislative requirements for their corporations to function effectively” Ms Price said.
“This funding ensures that the substantial amount of federal government money being put into the Pilbara region through the not-for-profit is being spent as efficiently and effectively as possible.
“This is what Australian taxpayers expect of us, and it is precisely what we are delivering” Ms Price said.
The course content includes:
- Identifying the key duties and responsibilities of directors in the not-for-profit environment
- Appreciating the potential personal liability of directors and council members
- Understanding governance structures as they apply in the not-for-profit context
- Consider the nuances of the director s role in the not-for-profit sector versus that of the for profit sector
- Comprehend the role of directors in overseeing the strategy formulation and risk management approach of the organisation
- Review the financial statements and the linkages between them to understand the financial story and health of the organisation.