Contact Melissa

Geraldton:          Broome:  
(08) 9964 2195    (08) 9192 7216

Canberra:          Merredin: 
(02) 6277 7840  (08) 9041 1749

Email Melissa

Media Releases

Latest Fact Sheet for Current and New Centrelink clients

 Have you ever received income support?

You may already have a Centrelink Customer Reference Number (CRN). This may be from when you got student or family payments or even from when your parents received benefits for you. CRNs don’t change. You have a number for life. If you previously had a CRN, you can use that number now to go online to make a claim. Please take the time to look for this number. It will help you claim quickly. Your CRN may be listed on old bank statements, letters or documents from your educational institutio

I’ve never received income support or can’t find my CRN

There are three things you need to do as a priority.

1.Create a myGov account at – it’s quick and easy to do. You’ll need an email address,mobile phone number and to answer some basic questions. Once you’ve created your account,link it to a government service, like Medicare or the Australian Taxation Office. Once you do this,you’ll get a prompt to register your intention to claim a Centrelink payment.

2.Register your intention to claim a Centrelink payment.This simple process will let you give basic details so we can contact you later to help you withyour claim. It’s important you complete this process and give correct details. This process alsoenables us to backdate your payment if your claim is successful.

3.You’ll need a CRN. The easiest way to do this is to wait until we contact you after you’ve registeredyour intention to claim a payment. You can also contact 132 850 and answer some simple questionsabout your identity to get your CRN. You’ll need to have details of your passport, driver licence orbirth certificate.

Once you’ve completed these steps and set up your Centrelink online account, you can start your claim for an income support payment. You’ll need some supporting documents (including your CRN). We’re updating the online claim to reflect new Government policy and legislation that aims to support Australians affected by Coronavirus. This will take time.

Due to a large number of claims, it will take time for us to contact you. Remember, your payment will be backdated if you registered your intention to claim a payment.

You may choose to do your full claim through myGov using your Centrelink online account without registering your intention to claim. To do this you’ll need to know your CRN.

Accessing Services Australia

In line with the current advice from the Australian Government Chief Medical Officer, there’s a reduction in the number of people in service centres to maintain social distancing practices for the health and safety of customers and staff. If you choose to come to a service centre it’s likely you’ll experience a delay. If you’re waiting in a queue you must practice social distancing.

Our job seeker line 132 850 has extended hours of operation from 8am to 8pm local time on weekdays and 9am to 5pm local time on weekends.



Latest Photos

Cue Parliament
Irwin Charity Ball
Yarra Yarra Biodiversity Corridor
Blues for the Bush 2016
Exercise Northern Shield 2016
AEC officially declaring I was re-elected
Being sworn in at the start of the 45th Parliament
Speaking with Main Roads about the many road upgrades the Federal Government is funding throughout D
At the 2016 Dowerin Field Days
Catch up on Facebook
Catch up on Facebook

Authorised by M. Price MP 2B/209 Foreshore Drive, Geraldton WA 6530 | Login