Barndon wins title
April 11, 2017
Brett Barndon took out the Limited Sprintcars WA State title at the Geraldton City Speedway earlier this month.
After finishing second to close rival Mick Doble in the qualifying pole shootout, Barndon sat behind him early in the feature race, before taking the lead on lap nine.
Although Doble quickly regained the lead, Barndon remained patient and on the 17th lap, regained the lead and stayed there to claim line honours in the showpiece event.
Melissa Price MP New Top Stars
1) Rory Elsum-Beaumont 4:06.227 (race time), 19.453sec. (best lap), 66.622km/h (top speed)
2) Ahryn Curtin 4:10.041, 20.155 sec., 64.302km/h
3) Brock Reid 4:19.969, 20.087sec., 64.519km/h
Melissa Price MP Junior Top Stars
1) Ashley Baker 5:05.183 (race time), 19.752sec. (best lap), 65.614km/h (top speed)
2) Bradley Short 5:05.337, 19.664sec., 65.907km/h
3) Kial Beard 5:10.671sec., 19.965 sec., 64.914km/h
Source: Geraldton Guardian.